2014年10月6日月曜日

02.Japanese meal~Washoku~

"Washoku" is traditional Japanese food. In Japan, not always but sometimes my mother cook it. I love it. Sooooo delicious!!! I hope everyone who read this article will be able to have it someday. Although there are some Japanese restaurants in Taiwan, I feel a little bit difference comparing to Washoku that we have in Japan.


A true Washoku meal balances dishes from each group. Variety of vegetable, fish, meat and grain are included. Mostly, we have rice with other dishes, they are called “okazu”. As we cook “okazu”, we use seasonal ingredients just right for that season.



“Washoku” was added to UNESCO's Intangible Cultural Heritage list in 2013. It was defined as following.
”It is associated with an essential spirit of respect for nature that is closely related to the sustainable use of natural resources. Washoku is a social practice based on a set of skills, knowledge, practice and traditions related to the production, processing, preparation and consumption of food. The basic knowledge and the social and cultural characteristics associated with Washoku are typically seen during New Year celebrations.”


 “Well-balanced and healthy Washoku diet"  
Washoku diet composed of rice, miso soup, several dishes of fish, vegetables and pickles.


Let’s go to Japan and have “Washoku”!


Reference





9 件のコメント:

  1. Now I see what Washoku is!
    But I have an question -
    when you eat Washoku at home, does each person have their own dishes? I mean that you don't share plates like we do in Taiwan, right?

    返信削除
    返信
    1. At home, that depends. We usually share plates, but sometimes have own dishes. On the other hand, each person always have their own dishes in Washoku restaurants.
      Thank you for your question :)

      削除
    2. I got it now!
      Thanks for the explaining!! :))

      削除
  2. It looks so delicious~~~
    And I can't love sashimi any more~~~

    返信削除
  3. The authentic Washoku seems to be expensive!
    By the way, my favorite sushi is ootoro,
    and I like to eat mochi and danngo so much, too !

    返信削除
  4. I have been Japan this April
    I just can't tell the difference between Japanese ones and Taiwanese ones

    返信削除
  5. It seems so delicate!! I have never eaten "Washoku" before. I hope that next time I will have chance to enjoy this delicious and nutritional balance meal.

    返信削除
  6. wow! so this is Washoku,It is like a larger bento in a big plate,so exquisite, so adorable.

    返信削除